To honor International Overdose Awareness Day, we have another episode featuring a story of addiction and loss.
In this episode, we talk to Marcia and David Grayson who lost their daughter, Mary Catherine, to overdose.
Mary Catherine attended St. Jude school and was a member of All Saints Catholic Church. She was very involved in helping others in alcohol and drug recovery in Atlanta and later in California, hoping to become an addiction therapist. Tragically, she passed away as a result of a heroin overdose, at the end of a five-year struggle with opioid addiction.
International Overdose Awareness Day is approaching fast. You can attend the event in Mobile, Alabama at Cathedral Square on August 31 starting at 5:30 PM. Join us there to connect with others who have also suffered from drug overdose loss and to honor your loved one.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- Marcia tells her daughter’s story of multiple relapses and death.
- How Mary Catherine lost who she was in addiction.
- Mary Catherine’s work and positive outcome helping others recover.
- The toll on the family and the helplessness the family feels when dealing with a loved one’s addiction.
- A comparison of addiction to cancer and recovery to remission.
- Marcia shares words written from Mary Catherine’s journal.
To Find Out More About the International Overdose Awareness Day Event in Mobile, go to:
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Contact Vince or Jeanna
Connect with Jeanna Online:
Follow the Now Sober Coach Facebook Page
Join the FREE Now Sober Coach Facebook group for Community and Support
Check out the Now Sober website
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: