Episode #38: Art and Recovery with Tamlin Allbritten
In this episode of Back Porch Chats, Vince and Jeanna talk to Tamlin Allbritten who has worked for 40 years with families, children, and people in rehab using art to help them understand each other, their feeling, and recovery.
During the month of January, Tamlin will be working with the Drug Education Council in Mobile, Alabama to celebrate Art in Recovery. They will have a booth at the art center in Fairhope on January 7th and the following week at the Mobile Art walk in Mobile Alabama.
- How art helps with recovery.
- Specific Art projects and the discoveries that have come from them.
- How parents can learn about their children’s feelings from art.
- Things (colors, objects, placements, etc.) have meanings.
- Sparkle in. Sludge out.
- How you can celebrate Art in Recovery during the month of January.
Link to Marcia and David Greyson’s episode:
To contact Tamlin or learn more about her work, go to:
Forgetting to Fly: http://forgettingtofly.com/
If you find yourself up late at night with a reluctant hint that the drink in your hand might be causing your problems, you may be ready to learn more.
My FREE course, Back to Ground Zero, answers the question, “Am I drinking too much?” while providing the information you need to know about alcohol use disorder.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: