Door to Serenity is an inclusive sober living facility located in Mobile, AL.
Back Porch Chats brings to you, Lisa Teggart who, after experiencing the overdose death of her sister, realized that she had to do everything in her power to offer a “Door to Serenity” for those who needed it.
In this episode, she tells her story and talks about her home for transitional living and the work she does to help people in her community recover from addiction and learn the basics of self-care.
International Overdose Awareness Day is approaching fast. You can attend the event in Mobile, Alabama at Cathedral Square on August 31 starting at 5:30 PM. Join Lisa and us there to connect with others who have also suffered from drug overdose loss and to honor your loved one.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- How her own recovery story began.
- The death of her sister to overdose and what she did to cope.
- Being a lesbian in recovery.
- Door to Serenity, a transitional living home that welcomes people needing recovery regardless of age, gender, and sexuality.
- Inclusion of all people in 12-step programs and the importance of community for recovery.
- How people re-learn basic life skills in sober living.
- The care of the people in the recovery community.
- How to get Narcan (for treatment of suspected opioid overdose emergency) and training for its use.
For more about Door to Serenity:
To Find Out More About the International Overdose Awareness Day Event in Mobile, go to:
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: