When Enabling Becomes Abuse
For many of us, helping is part of our nature. We want to help our children, our parents as they age. and our partners. Unfortunately, sometimes our desire to help leads to more harm than good. That helping becomes enabling. Do you know when enabling becomes abuse? If you think that your actions have transformed from help to harm, this episode is for you. We discuss what it means to enable, the different ways that we do it, and the harm it can cause.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- Definition of enabling and how it harms.
- The five freedoms by Virginia Satir.
- The selfishness behind enabling.
- The signs of enabling behaviors and how they become harmful.
- How stopping enabling becomes difficult.
- Why we do it.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: