Self Care for the Recovering Alcoholic
Do you have trouble determining the difference between selfishness and self-care? If so, this episode is for you. Often, the recovering alcoholic feels guilty when they provide themselves with self-care because it means they sometimes have to put themselves before others, and that feels selfish, but there is a difference. In this episode, Vince and Jeanna share 8 areas in which you can take care of yourself and how doing that can be a selfless act towards the people around you.
Other Highlights in this Episode Include:
- Definition of selfish and self-care and the differences.
- How being selfish can appear as control.
- How giving too much to the people around you without consideration of your own self-care can be harmful.
- 8 areas of self-care with examples.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Contact Vince or Jeanna
Connect with Jeanna Online:
Follow the Now Sober Coach Facebook Page
Join the FREE Now Sober Coach Facebook group for Community and Support
Check out the Now Sober website
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: