Are you fiercely independent? Does it get in the way of your relationships? Your well-being? In this episode, Jeanna gets real about her difficulties as a fiercely independent woman. She talks about how she came to be fiercely independent, how she let being ultra-responsible rule her life, and what she does to work through it.
Listen to Vince and Jeanna’s conversation to see if you identify as fiercely independent and some of the things you can do to overcome it.
- What characteristics of a co-dependent person connect to the quality of being fiercely independent.
- How trauma and childhood situations can lead to a fierce independence.
- What fierce independence looks like.
- The benefits and consequences of fierce independence.
- Jeanna inadvertently takes the 5th step.
- How fierce independence leads to alcohol abuse.
- Some things you can look at to overcome your fierce independence.
How does a fiercely independent woman practice self-care?
If you are a fiercely independent woman, you might have difficulty with self-care. After all, who has time to take care of yourself when you are so busy taking care of others. The good news is that we do it the same way every other woman does it. The bad news is that we do it the same way every other woman does it.
No matter whether you are fiercely independent or ultra-dependent, you have to first get past the belief that you don’t deserve, have time, or are selfish for wanting self-care. Then you have to know how to practice self-care.
I am offering a course that will help you do that. If you want to know more, check out this link.
Simply Sober Self-Care: An 8-Week Course to Help You Beat “I Need a Drink” Thinking
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: