When a Sponsor Relationship Needs More
She’s back. Vince and Jeanna have another conversation with Dr. Camila Williams. In this episode, they talk to Dr. Williams about the benefits of working a recovery program that involves therapy and a 12-step community, and when to get a professional involved in recovery.
Listen in as Camila identifies green light (all is good), yellow light (proceed with caution), and red light behaviors (call a therapist) that a sponsor can look for when working with a sponsee.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- The importance of belonging to a community in recovery.
- The Seeking Safety Program to help people reduce trauma and substance abuse symptoms without total abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
- What to look for in determining whether a sponsor should suggest to his or her sponsee that they seek professional help.
- The role of the therapist in the sponsor, sponsee, and therapist relationship.
- Identifying depression and grief in recovery.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Contact Vince or Jeanna
Connect with Jeanna Online:
Follow the Now Sober Coach Facebook Page
Join the FREE Now Sober Coach Facebook group for Community and Support
Check out the Now Sober website
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: