Perfectionism and its Role in Addiction
Are you a perfectionist? If so, your need to excel could lead to relapse.
In this episode, Vince and Jeanna talk with Dr. Camila Williams, a mindset expert, board-certified psychologist, and cognitive-behavioral specialist who has specialized in the field of perfectionism, anxiety, and stress management for over ten years.
Other highlights in this episode include:
- Perfectionism as a result of freeze in the fight, flight, or freeze response.
- How people use perfectionism to control their environment.
- Perfectionism as a shield against emotional pain.
- Perfectionism and recovery from addiction.
- Shame as the core motivator for perfectionism.
- How 12-step programs can help release that shame.
- The emotional stages of recovery.
- How to know if a sponsor should encourage professional help for their sponsee.
About Dr. Camila Williams:
As a “Perfectionist in Recovery” and a mother of three, Dr. Camila understands only too well the delicate balance between the strive for excellence and crippling self-doubt. Working with her, perfectionists learn how to get out of their own way and break the shackles of self-doubt, limiting beliefs, and procrastination to truly live into their gifts and drive without always second-guessing themselves.
Dr. Camila Online:
Are you looking to
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: