The Addiction & Trauma Connection
Vince and Jeanna talk about the inspiration for the project that launched their collaboration: a book about childhood sexual abuse and addiction recovery to help 12-Step sponsors who discover their sponsee is a child abuse survivor. Vince shares two experiences in which AA members struggled with telling their story because it involved childhood sex abuse.
Other highlights in this episode include discussion on:
- Shame and the child.
- How drugs and alcohol feed the relapse cycle.
- What the sponsor will need to know about the abuse survivor and their recovery.
Get More from Back Porch Chats:
Connect with Jeanna Online:
How You Can Help
If you enjoy this podcast and would like to offer your support, there are three things you can do.
1. Head over to your favorite podcast app and leave a review.
2. Share this episode on social media.
3. Visit our store and wear your support. Now available: Back Porch Chats Merchandise in the Now Sober Lifestyle store.
Subscribe to our Podcast on: